Session in a Bottle
By Swim for Tri
Warm Down Stretches
Lying Back Stretch (for lower back)
• Lie down with your right knee up, and both arms stretching outward at 45 degree angles away from your body.
• Slowly let your right knee fall across your body to the ground.
• Keep your shoulders as flat as possible.
• Hold for 30 seconds.
• Return to starting position.
• Repeat on the opposite side.
1 Bottle: £12
Please contact us with other enquiries for bulk orders.
Club rates can apply.
• Stand upright with the spine in a neutral position.
• Place the right leg in front of the body with the foot flexed, the heel pushed into the ground, and the toe pointing toward the ceiling.
• Gently lean forward and place the hands on the straight right leg.
• Keep a neutral spine.
• Hold the stretch for 10-30 secs.
• Repeat 2-4 times.
Pigeon Stretch (for the Glutes)
• From all fours, bring your right knee forward towards your right wrist.
• Your right ankle will be somewhere in front of your left hip.
• Slide your left leg back and point your toes, your heel is pointing up to the ceiling.
• Scissor your hips together, by drawing your legs in towards each other. Use some support under your right buttock if needed, to keep your hips level.
Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch (for the Quad muscles)
• Kneel on a mat with both knees, then place a foot forward so that you have a 90-degree angle at the hip and knee. Place your hands on the front knee for support (if needed). This is the start position of the kneeling hip flexor stretch.
• Keeping the torso upright, slowly lean forward until you feel a comfortable stretch through the groin and top of the thigh (rear leg).
• Move slowly back and forth 5-10 times, or maintain a hold for 30 seconds.
• Stand with your torso upright, your feet hip-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
• Raise you heels off the floor and squeeze your claves.
• Return to the starting position, by slowly lowering your heels, and repeat.